Pavement Maintenance & Preservation
Over time, asphalt and concrete structures erode and crack – roads, overpasses, highways, parking lots, and residential areas (streets, driveways, walkways), all need repair and regular maintenance. There are a number of preventive measures that are needed in order to preserve pavement over time as well.
In some areas, there are more extenuating circumstances that cause a need for regular pavement maintenance. Earthquake prone areas require additional precautions and maintenance – even on smaller projects. Be sure you choose equipment and materials that meet all regulations and specifications for whatever environment in which you work.
It is important that you consider what type of equipment and materials you need to complete the projects you regularly work on. PMSI has pavement maintenance equipment for use on large scale projects to smaller residential work sites. We have equipment available to purchase, as well as rent. We also want to make sure you avoid any unnecessary downtime and to ensure that doesn’t happen, we offer a complete range of repairs, servicing and a preventative maintenance program for your equipment.
Please visit our product pages for more information and to make your selections for purchase. Our online shopping system makes it simple for you to pick the paving maintenance products you need to complete all your projects.
There are a number of causes which create the need for proactive pavement preservation. Weather is a large contributing factor for asphalt and concrete damage. Sunlight and precipitation in the form of rain, ice, snow and more can destroy portions of roads, and even weaken the overall structure.
Oils, greases, deicing salts, and other materials can cause fractures, and even moderate crumbling of concrete. When choosing your paving preservation equipment and materials, we offer solutions that do more than patch existing issues, but also prevent extreme issues from reoccurring – offering protection for long-term success of a project.
In order to prevent significant damage or need for more significant maintenance and repair projects, PMSI (Paving Maintenance Supply) offers a number of pavement preservation solutions.
Pavement Maintenance & Preservation Equipment
Paving Maintenance Supply (PMSI) offers a variety of equipment for paving maintenance. As with any paving project, you will need to be sure to clear away debris and moisture to prepare your surface for maintenance. In our paving maintenance equipment section, you will find several products to help you finish your projects in a timely manner.
- Melters & Applicators – Melt the material you are using to seal cracks and fill potholes in one of the melters we have available. We also offer Crafco melters which provide a means to melt and apply in one piece of equipment.
- Mastic Patchers – We offer the Crafco Patcher, which is an oil-jacketed melter specifically designed to melt mastic sealants.
- Spray Injection Patchers – Spray injection patching is the most cost effective method for distressed pavement repair, such as potholes, deteriorated shoulders, utility cuts, fissures, and skin patching.
- Sealcoaters – Once all cracks and holes are filled, a sealcoat can be applied. A properly maintained asphalt surface provides a barrier of protection against weathering effects and oxidation caused from the suns UV rays and precipitation. Sealcoating also protects against daily wear and tear from automobiles, gasoline, oil drippings, grease and de-icing salts. We offer several types of sealers to help protect and extend the life of the pavement from the varying conditions noted.
- Hot Air Lances – A hot air lance is used to dry and prepare pavement cracks, potholes, and distressed pavement surfaces for repair by removing moisture, humidity, clay, vegetation and more. The hot air lance is also warming the pavement for a better bond with the sealant.
- Compactors – There are a variety of compaction equipment available for large and small jobs. This equipment compacts the soil, gravel, asphalt, etc. to create an ideal surface. Stone stompers, stone forward plate, and stone rollers are all available.
- Marker Adhesive Melters / Applicators – This allows you to apply the adhesive for temporary markers for lane lines during pavement maintenance projects.
- Hotbox Reclaimers – Reclaim bulk stored virgin plant mix overnight. The reclaiming capability allows the user to make year round repairs using HMA instead of costly cold patch material.
- Infrared Recyclers – Infrared asphalt heaters are designed for seamless repair of asphalt. Best for repairs around manholes, catch basins transition areas, and for reworking rough pavement areas. Infrared heat softens asphalt pavement several inches in depth and allows the asphalt to be raked and rolled in place without a seam.
- Asphalt Recyclers – This equipment allows you to produce a quality batch of asphalt from recycled pulverized asphalt, millings or sawcut materials. The recycled patching material will exceed Department of Transportation asphalt specifications and standards.
Pavement maintenance requires several materials – depending on the scope of your project. Paving Maintenance Supply (PMSI) offers everything you need to complete your paving maintenance project – whether large or small.
- Crack Sealants
- Silicone Joint Sealants
- Waterproofing & Geo Composites
- Adhesives for Joints
- Adhesive for Markers
- Sealer Additives
- Backer Rod
- Sand & Filler
A major part of pavement preservation and maintenance is sealing cracks, repairing potholes and repairing uneven surfaces due to larger cracks and missing concrete or asphalt. We offer crack sealant and filler, sealer, materials for asphalt and concrete repair, and patching.
In addition to repairing cracks, there are other aspects of the pavement maintenance process. This includes placing temporary markers to keep lane lines visible during maintenance, waterproofing, etc.
Please review our paving maintenance materials product pages for more information and to purchase all your project materials today.
“If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.” – Abraham Maslow
Having the wrong tool for the job is never an ideal situation. This quote reminds us that having the right tool for your project is one of the most important aspects of any job.
Paving Maintenance Supply (PMSI) offers several paving maintenance tools: crack sealing accessories; surface sealing accessories; shovels; push brooms and handles; asphalt and PCC tools and more.